In these uncertain times, we wanted to reach out to you personally about what we are doing here at INDIBA to support you.
As the situation around novel corona virus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to ensure our business continuity and provide maximum flexibility to our partners.
Your business continuity is of utmost importance to us. Therefore, we want to emphasize that we are flexible and keen to find creative solutions to support your business during this uncertain period.
In response to the corona virus, we are taking the necessary measurements to ensure the stability of both our and our partner’s businesses.
We remain committed to provide you support where needed. Our customer service marketing and technical teams are at your disposal should you need them.
Also, your dedicated account managers (Regional or National) are available, and are briefed to work with you to find solutions and offer business support.
During these times we need to strengthen our partnerships and together, I am sure that we will get through this turbulent period and emerge as a stronger team.
|Diederik VAN GOOR
Business Unit Director AH and Activ
Business Unit Director DC and DB
Following the advice of the Health Authorities and seeing the increase and risk of transmission of the Covid-19 virus, INDIBA S.A has decided to postpone all international travel, in order to protect the well-being of our clients and workers.
As an alternative, INDIBA will continue to host training sessions online and our trainers will continue to be at available via phone and-or online.
Medical Treatment FAQs
Please refer to your National governing body for guidance on treatment at this time.
Being an asymptomatic carrier does not mean suffering from the disease, although it does mean being able to transmit it to others, like so many other infectious diseases.
The risks of treatment under these conditions are no different from those arising from close interaction with carriers of the same profile in other areas of our daily lives (workplaces, attendance at sporting or religious events, and consumption in bars or restaurants).
In the case of the manifestation of symptoms typical of the COVI-19 (general malaise, fever, cough, difficulty in breathing), you should contact the health services (telephone) provided in your community to follow up.
Although it has been found that the virus could survive in contact with certain materials up to several days after contamination by an affected person, the application of the usual hygiene and protection measures should be sufficient to prevent actual transmission by this route.
In the context of the current situation and in a preventive manner, extreme care must be taken with hygiene and cleaning measures, especially with regard to equipment and accessories (return plates and electrodes).
In this regard, we would like to remind you of the instructions that also appear in the User Manual of our equipment and those provided in all INDIBA training courses.
- Do not knock the electrodes or scratch them with sharp or pointed objects. If the coating comes off, loses its adherence to the metal part or is worn away, do not use the capacitive electrode; replace it with another instead.
- Capacitive (CAP) electrodes are not designed to be sterilized. Sterilization will damage the coating.
- Use a lint-free cloth or towel to remove cream residue from the electrodes and the surface of the neutral plate.
- Do not apply stress or force to the electrode shafts; incorrect handling may cause them to become misaligned or cracks to appear on the electrode surface.
- The capacitive electrode has a polyamide plastic coating. Do not expose it to temperatures above 90 ºC.
- Always keep the device in good repair. Clean it periodically. Do not use corrosive or oxidizing substances, such as bleach or ammonia.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTION OF ACTIVE ELECTRODES, RETURN ELECTRODES AND HANDLES:
Before and after every treatment:
- Always clean the accessories before and after each use.
- Use a cloth or towel to clean excess cream from active electrodes, return electrodes and handles.
- Clean each accessory with a disinfectant wipe suitable for non-invasive medical instruments (such as alcohol) or mild soap and water. Leave to dry before using.
- Preferably use a new wipe for each element.
Capacitive electrodes (CAP) are not designed to be sterilized. Sterilization processes damage their coating.
It has been described that CORONAVIRUS can be effectively inactivated from work surfaces by exposure to: ethanol (62-71 %), hydrogen peroxide (0.5 %) or a sodium hypochlorite solution, for 1 minute*.
In intracavitary applications always.
In the rest of the applications the electrodes with the proposed cleaning/disinfection procedures, can be shared provided that infection with COVID-19 is ruled out.
Discontinuing treatments before the required number according to the approved working protocol will result in less effective results. However, treatments can be continued as soon as possible after the ongoing time limitations with complete normality.
Pregnancy is always a contraindication to treatment and should therefore not be carried out regardless of the status of the COVID-19
Please drop us a message below if you have any question, feedback or need help with the devices.